Call Us Today: (919) 427-9239

Property Management.

The only thing more valuable than proper advice when purchasing investment property is engaging proper management to look after it once it’s yours.

Wise words. Investment property in Raleigh and the Triangle can be a lucrative investment, and as active investors ourselves, we have experienced what it takes to maintain profitable, self-funding portfolios.

From a property management perspective, we recognize the importance of fostering good relations with qualified tenants; we focus on resident retention and we work to maintain each property in good repair while minimizing maintenance costs at all times. Additionally, with an active social media presence and our growing database, we strive to secure new occupancy with very little turn-over time involved.

If you are interested in discussing property management services or would like to speak with us regarding purchasing investment property, we’d love to hear from you.

In the meantime, please review the list of some of the more frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding property management services posed by our property owner clients and tenants.

We’re ready when you are.

Get in touch, and we’ll keep you engaged.

Frequently Asked Questions

When is my rent due?

Your rent is due and expected on the FIRST DAY OF EACH MONTH, unless otherwise specified in your Lease Agreement. Payment not received on or by the 5th DAY OF THE MONTH, will be subject to a late fee as specified in the Lease Agreement (page 1). It is important that rent payments are made promptly. Remember that chronic late payments may result in legal measures that may lead to eviction.

How do I get help for a maintenance problem?

All maintenance requests must be made in writing. You may submit your request through our website, by mail, or by fax. However, the best route is to complete our online request form. Be sure to include a valid email address, and the system will send you a confirmation of your request.

What do I do if I have an emergency?

We define an EMERGENCY as a situation which presents a health and safety danger to people or property. There are few emergencies. However, should you have a maintenance emergency you can call our office 24 hours a day at 919.931.3434. After hours, carefully follow the voice directory instructions under the option “Maintenance Emergencies” (option 1 and then option 2). If you have a valid emergency, someone will contact you as soon as possible to assist you. Stay by your phone and off the line. (Examples of emergencies are flooding, heater not working, fire, gas odors, etc.) For fire, medical, or natural disasters, call 911 first!

How long should I wait to hear back from someone regarding a maintenance problem?

In a non-emergency situation, please allow two business days. If you have not heard from our office or our vendor in two business days, please contact our office for assistance.

What am I responsible for maintaining?

Residents are responsible for the monthly changing of the air conditioning/heating filters, filling water softener, and replacing smoke detector batteries when needed. You should change your smoke alarm batteries at least twice each year or more frequently as needed. All light bulbs also need to be maintained by the residents. In certain situations, proper yard maintenance and watering may be required by you. If you are not sure of your responsibilities as a resident, please refer to your individual lease, your resident handbook, or feel free to call us.

Do I need renters insurance?

It is strongly recommended that all residents carry enough renters insurance to cover themselves and their personal property. The owner’s insurance only covers the structure; none of your personal belongings are covered. For example, if a water pipe were to break and flood your home, the owner’s insurance would only cover the damage to the structure and would not replace or repair any of your belongings. Please consult an insurance agent for specific details for this valuable coverage; typically the cost for renter\’s insurance is very affordable. We recommend Highsmith Insurance

What happens if I need to move out before the end of my lease?

Please refer to your copy of your residential lease agreement for information about your obligations under the lease. Contact your property manager as soon as possible to discuss this situation in detail before you break your lease. Breaking your lease will adversely affect your credit.

What do I do if I need to move out?

You are required by your lease to provide a written 30-day notice to Dogwood Properties. You are also required to get a written confirmation of that notice from us. Your notice to us must be delivered no later than the first day of the month. You can mail us your notice or email it to Once we have approved your notice to vacate, you will be contacted by an agent from our office. The agent will walk the property, place a sign in the yard, and install a lockbox. The home will then be put on the market for potential applicants to view. Please review your lease for your obligations under the lease agreement concerning our ability to show the property.

What happens if only one roommate wants to move out?

Contact your property manager directly for the necessary forms to remove one roommate from the lease paperwork and/or have a new roommate added. Your property manager will discuss the lease re-write fee, as well as the procedures for handling the security deposit.

Does Dogwood Properties allow subleasing?

No, Dogwood Properties does not allow subletting under any circumstances.

Will you accept a rent check from someone other than me?

No. Rent checks will only be accepted from those persons whose names are on the lease.

Can I make changes or improvements to the residence, such as painting or landscaping?

Before you begin any changes or modifications to the property (inside or outside your home), you must submit a detailed request to us in writing. Failure to do so\r\nis a violation of the lease agreement and could result in deductions from your security deposit.

What do I do if I lose my key?

It is important you take care of your entrance keys. Occasionally, you may find yourself locked out of your home or in need of a replacement key. If this occurs, there will be $25 charge.

Back to Top